A staple in Rhode Island that is so easy to make we have no excuse why this wasn't here sooner. This one calls for Gansett porter reduction. Nom nom nom! Enjoy.
Hi neighbor, have a 'gansett with your sausage and peppers:
1 lb hot or sweet Italian sausage, whole links
2 bell peppers, red, green or both sliced in 1/4 wide strips
1 tennis-ball sized onion, sliced in thin strips
2 TBSP olive oil
1. Heat oil on medium and add whole sausages. Braise, leaving browned bits on bottom of pan, about 6 minutes. Move to plate and slice.
2. Add onions to pan in remaining oil, scraping up brown bits. Sauté 'til translucent, 5 minutes or so
3. Add peppers, sauté 8 minutes until softened
4. Add sliced sausage back to onions and peppers and cook through, 2 minutes
5. Pour half cup Naragansett Porter into pan, scrape up any remaining browned bits and let reduce 5 minutes Serve over egg noodles, salt and pepper to taste.