The big game is upon us and everyone is scrambling at the grocery store to entertain their hungry and thirsty football fans. Chips 'n Dip is the classic game day snack and we found a New England twist to this fan favorite. Hot clam dip is super easy to make and not to mention delicious. Add a little heat to this dish and you've got a winner. So crack a 'Gansett, taste and enjoy!
* 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
* 2 tablespoons yellow onion, grated
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons Narragansett lager beer
* 1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
* 3 (6.5-ounce) cans minced clams, drained
* Sliced French bread, potato chips, corn chips or crackers
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, onion, lemon juice, 'Gansett, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Mix well. Then fold the clams into mixture and pour clam mixture into a shallow baking dish.
Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Serve with sliced French bread, potato chips, corn chips or crackers.
Recipe courtesy of foodtv.com.