Salary: Based on Experience
Job Type: Part-time
Number of hires for this role: 3
- Certified in Food Safety
- Experience in Quick Serve or Full-Service Restaurant Operations
Full Job Description
Job Title: TaproomKitchen Staff
Wage: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Taproom General Manager (Direct), Taproom Managers, Owners/Investors
Narragansett Brewing Company is searching for an energetic, motivated individuals to execute quick-serve style food service operations in the back of house. Kitchen staff will be responsible for safely preparing menu items and ingredients according to specification. Maintaining a clean workspace, documenting time-temperature logs, and ability to work well under pressure is a must. This is a brand new operation and adaptation will be necessary!
Our ideal candidate will:
-Embrace Food Safety Protocol
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Work well as part of a team
- Be responsible & reliable, honest & trustworthy
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including days/nights/weekends/holidays
- Apply company’s core values to everyday job functions
- Pay special attention to allergens and dietary restrictions
- Have previous experience working with commercial cooking equipment
- In stressful situations, remain positive and collected
- Consistently practice good hygiene and grooming procedures
-Be knowledgeable about our menu items and be able to answer questions from the staff
-Prepare menu items according to product specification
-Takes a hands-on approach to leadership; jumping in to help staff as needed, when needed
-Assist in preparation of simple food items
-Ensure proper food handling procedures are being followed by all staff
-Assist in recording/reporting physical inventory, and actively manage COGS
-Prioritize the safety and well-being of employees and guests at all times
- Previous Experience working in a food service kitchen environment
-Strong knowledge of food & beverage operations, event planning/execution
- Food Safety Handler/Manager Certified
-Allergen Awareness Certified
- Strong communication skills
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
-Be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Employees not vaccinated against COVID-19 must wear a mask at all times. Stringent cleaning schedules and safety procedures must be adhered to at all times.
Narragansett Brewing Company does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Narragansett Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
This position may consist of daily administrative tasks not outlined in the bullets above. We are looking for applicants that are out-going, enthusiastic, dependable, and willing to think creatively and work diligently. Please email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com