Fresh Catch Battered Fish and Chips
Know what’s awesome in the summer? Fish and chips. To do it right, you’ve got to use beer in the batter… preferably our beer. You can use any of our summer offerings, but we love the way the Citra hops in Fresh Catch adds a little pop of flavor to the batter. Here’s how it’s done.
4 to 6 Cod fillets
1 12oz can of ‘Gansett Fresh Catch
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp salt (or more to taste
1 egg, beaten
Vegetable oil for frying
The Know How:
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, paprika, pepper, salt and beaten egg in a large mixing bowl.
- While mixing, slowly add your Fresh Catch until a thick liquid batter forms. If there is any beer left, drink up!
- Pre-heat your pan or deep fryer so that the vegetable oil reaches about 325 degrees.
- Rise the cod fillets and pat them dry.
- Dip the fillets in the batter, coating them on each side.
- Gently put the fillets in the hot oil. Flip when golden brown.
- Once both sides are evenly cooked, remove from pan and let rest on paper towels to drain and dry.
- Serve with coleslaw, french fries, tartar sauce and a lemon wedge.