We’re Hiring: Retail Manager
Salary: Based on Experience
Full Job Description
Job Title: Retail Manager
Narragansett Brewing Co Born in 1890, Narragansett is the 30th largest craft brewer among 10,000+ in the U.S. and the largest in southern New England. In June 2021 we opened a new Providence waterfront brewery and taproom to innovate new beer styles and create an engaging experience for our fans. Narragansett has been an active member of the community since its return in 2005 and engages with a quarter of a million fans on a regular basis across various social channels.
Narragansett is seeking a manager of its onsite taproom and online retail stores. The combined
businesses are currently over $300k in sales and expectations are for this candidate to
effectively manage and grow the segment. Retail Manager is responsible for managing the
daily operations at the brewery store to make sure that employees work together effectively to
make sales and contribute to shop upkeep. Their duties include communicating with vendors
about inventory orders, managing the offsite fulfillment company, managing inventory at both
locations while maximizing sales and profitability.
A Retail Store Manager is responsible for managing the retail store and website, which includes
overseeing sales, costs, and inventory. Retail Store Manager has the following duties and
– Maintain proper inventory levels, ensure stocking, implement purchasing plans and
maintain contact with suppliers to ensure maximum efficiency in meeting sales goals.
– Seek ways to better promote the stores, the product line and service within the store
– Manage all controllable costs with a view to maintaining profitability.
– Ensure the store always remains clean and presentable.
– Pack and ship online orders.
– Maintain accurate cash handling as needed.
– Assisting the General Manager as necessary.
– Working creatively with management and marketing to identify on trend merchandise
and product lines while effectively communicating on-going sales patterns.
Retail Manager Requirements:
- At least one year of relevant previous experience is desired
- Prior FOH experience desired
- Inventory management experience required
- Maintain a presentable and polished image and decorum
- Customer focused with a team player mentality
- Excellent at easily and effectively communicating with customers as necessary.
- Flexible scheduling availability – full time
- High school or equivalent
Work Location: 271 Tockwotton St Providence
Please submit a resumé to apply to join the Narragansett Events team today at email@example.com