We’re Hiring: Taproom Staff
Job Type: Part-time | Full-time
Bartending: 1 year (Preferred)
Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Title: Taproom Server
Wage: Hourly wage plus tips, non-exempt
Reports to: Taproom Manager (Direct), Owners/Investors
Status: Part time, 15-35 hours/week.
Narragansett Brewing Company is searching for energetic, friendly and motivated beertenders to join our team at our new Taproom in India Point Park. The ideal candidate will have a passion for craft beer and will represent our brand’s values with high integrity. Candidates will have a positive, friendly attitude and ensure outstanding service to our guests.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Practice responsible alcohol service (responsible alcohol service training is required)
- Have a love for craft beer and a desire to continuously grow and learn
- Be friendly & outgoing
- Apply company’s core values to everyday job functions
- Be knowledgeable about our brand’s history, products, events, and future
- Work well in a fast-paced environment/under pressure
- Remain collected and positive, even in stressful situations
- Possess genuine enthusiasm about Narragansett’s beers and history
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including days/nights/weekends/holidays
- Be responsible & reliable, honest & trustworthy
Embrace our “Hi, Neighbor!” catchphrase by delivering friendly, neighborly experiences to our guests.
- Be knowledgeable about brand history, beer selections, and the brewing process.
- Be authentic & approachable.
- Serve beverages & food, sell Narragansett Beer merchandise.
- Be knowledgeable about brand and product and be able to discuss/answer questions on guests’ terms
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Practice responsible alcohol service
- Accurately record sales in P.O.S.
- Process payments accurately and efficiently; accuracy in cash handling
- Work well under pressure and as part of a team
- Complete Opening/Closing procedures as required
- Complete all sidework/ cleaning as required.
- Report any incident or injury to management ASAP.
- Report any safety hazard or maintenance issue to management ASAP
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and outstanding work ethic
- Deliver friendly service to all guests
- TIPS, Servsafe or other Responsible Alcohol Service training accepted by the State of RI
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Possess basic math skills, ability to operate P.O.S. and maintain accurate cash handling
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Punctual & Reliable
- Honest and Integral
All customers are required to wear a mask unless actively eating/drinking. Employees must wear a mask at all times. Stringent cleaning schedules and safety procedures must be adhered to as per company’s COVID-19 action plan. Narragansett Brewing Company does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Think you’re the perfect fit? Download our Job Application below and email your finished copy to email@example.com. For safety reasons, we are not currently accepting applications on location.
Narragansett Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.