We’re Hiring: Field Sales Manager for CT
Hi Neighbor! We’re Hiring!
Narragansett Beer is looking for a new Field Sales Manager for the state of Connecticut!
- Responsible for growing Narragansett
Brewing Company volume and market share in the state of Connecticut and Westchester
- Providing key / secondary retail account coverage through identifying impact accounts with Distributor Management and establish call frequency.
- Develop and make sales presentations to retail accounts to drive business growth. Communicate to the distributor on retail call results and follow-up as needed.
- Conduct promotions and samplings when required and attend local craft beer festivals as needed.
- Execute and Track Retail Programs by; executing Narragansett distributor and brewery programs. Ensure retail distribution targets are achieved. Develop retail sales incentives. Achieve major holiday/sales period display activity and ensure distributor display targets are met. Track store level sales and analyze the business to identify sales opportunities and gaps to achieve sales objectives.
- Conduct monthly distributor sales meetings to motivate and educate the distributor sales team in selling and promoting Narragansett brands.
- Conduct Distributor Planning Meetings and Action Plans to assist/participate in the Distributor Annual Business Planning process that drive monthly sales/distribution targets and objectives for each brand/sku. Assist and make recommendations in the development of the price promotion calendar to achieve features and displays.
- Train and coach distributor sales reps/merchandisers and develop their skills to help achieve Narragansett sales goals. Progress / Work-With/Market Visit Reports are to be submitted weekly to Distributor Sales Management / Brewery Sales Management.
- Forecasting and Inventory management of beer/merchandise ordering, to ensure no out of stock at retail and that we have market presence at retail as well as support retail accounts to capitalize on impulse consumer purchases.
- Fiscal Responsibility to manage trade, travel, entertainment and price promotional budgets.
- Responsible for coaching merchandisers / salespeople in properly rotating product. Champion of Audit Mode.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2 to 5 years in sales management experience within the beverage industry.
- Strong coaching, communication and selling skills.
- Ability to influence, build a rapport and motivate strong relationships with wholesaler sales reps, wholesaler management and key retail customers.
- Has the experience and ability to put together good sales presentations.
- Good understanding of the 3 tier DSD system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Management preferred
COMPENTENCY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Good Computer skills and is knowledgeable/experienced with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Have good analytical skills
- Good at identifying opportunities and developing solutions
- Results oriented
- Self-Starter (can work independently), with good teaching skills and can motivate others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Narragansett Beer is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants MUST be 21 or older to apply. If you’re interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
*Please note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.