We’re Hiring: Assistant Brewer for our new Providence brewery
Hi Neighbor! We’re hiring!
Narragansett Beer is looking for an assistant brewer for our new Providence brewery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participation and execution in all brewery operations including, but not limited to:
- Wort Production
- Hop Handling
- Malt Handling
- Spent Grain Handling
- Yeast Harvesting & Management
- Dry Hopping
- Packaging Kegs & Cans
- CIP as well as general cleaning procedures
- Strict adherence to quality control SOP’s throughout the brewing, fermentation, carbonation, and packaging phases of beer production
- Strict adherence to all safety and security measures in all aspects of the workplace
- Operate and maintain equipment used throughout the production process
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space on an ongoing basis
- Assist Head Brewer with inventory (hops, grain, chemicals, etc.) management processes
- Specialty projects as required
- Ability to monitor and accurately record data throughout entirety of brewing process
- Ability to multitask while monitoring various brewing and production processes
- High attention to detail
- Excellent cleaning and sanitation practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly and efficiently
- QA/QC experience
- 3 years experience in a production brewery
- Forklift certification
- Ability to work well in a team environment and also independently
- Flexibility with scheduling and willing to work early mornings, late nights and weekends as required
- Utmost attention to cleanliness and organization
- Valid drivers license
- Capable of lifting 55+ lbs multiple times on a daily basis
- Can work in both hot, cold and wet environments
- Can work in tight areas while twisting, bending, pulling and pushing
- Can stand on concrete floors for the duration of shift (8-12 hours)
- Frequently climb ladders and stairs safely on a daily basis
Compensation based on experience.
Narragansett Beer is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants MUST be 21 or older to apply. If you’re interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Lee@Narragansettbeer.com.
*Please note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.