The ‘Gansett Clambake
Aaaaah. A classic. Every New Englander knows that you haven’t had a real clambake until you’ve made it with Old Reliable, ‘Gansett Lager. Follow the ‘Gansett Family recipe and you’ll be cooking like a true New Englander in no time.
What you need:
2 qts fresh soft clams
1 12oz can of ‘Gansett Lager (very important)
4 small red potatoes
1/2 pound chourico sausage, sliced
4 breakfast sausages, sliced
2 ears of sweet corn, shucked and broken
2 bay leaves
3 tbsp chopped green onion
3 tbsp chopped parsley
Salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
The know how:
- Combine potatoes, sausages, onions, corn and bay leaves in a large pot.
- Cover with 3 quarts of cold water and ‘Gansett Lager.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a summer for 20 minutes.
- Add clams, cover and cook until they open (about 15 mins).
- Serve from the pot and garnish with copped green onions and parsley.