Pan Seared Chicken Reduced With Gansett
This week’s recipe comes from one of our twitter followers (@densone) which he included on his blog Densone.com. It looked so good it made us hungry so we had to share. Chicken and Gansett, what a great and simple pair. Thanks for sharing and we hope everyone enjoys this.
One of my New Years resolutions this year is to cook a lot more. I am so used to eating out all of the time, that I basically spend a ton of money on shitty food. This past weekend I went to Trader Joe’s and Foodies, bought a bunch of random food. This is one of my dishes.
Pan Seared Chicken & Narragansett
- chopped sage
- chopped garlic
- sea salt
- unsalted butter
- whole wheat pasta
- chicken breast
- feta cheese
- narragansett beer
- Chop the onions/sage and cook in a pan with the butter.
- Once the onions are mostly cooked, add the garlic and make sure not to burn it.
- In another pan boil, cook, and strain whole wheat pasta.
- Grab your chicken breast and try to slice it into more cutlet like pieces. Make sure you use a sharp non-serated knife.
- Crank the heat up and sear the chicken in the pan with the spices and onion.
- Once the the chicken is browned on both sides, add some narragansett.
- Take a fork and scrape all the goodies that burned into the pan. This will enhance the taste of the reduction.
- Once you have reduced by half, throw the spinach in the pan and let it cook for about 10 seconds.
- Mix the spinach with the pasta.
- Add some feta into the the reduction and let it cream up. I kinda mooshed it up with a fork.
- Mix the reduction and chicken into the pasta and spinach.