‘Gansett Steamed Mussels
‘Gansett is the perfect beer for steaming seafood AND eating seafood. Let’s get to it!
• 2.5 cloves Garlic
• 1/4 pound Chorizo
• 1 package Shallot
• 1/4 pound Cherry tomatoes
• 1/8 cup fresh Parsley
• 2 pounds Mussels
• 4 ounces Narragansett Lager
1. In a large sauce pan, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp, about 8 minutes.
2. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.Add the shallots and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Add the beer and simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
4. Increase the heat to high and add the mussels. Cover and cook, shaking the pan a few times, until the mussels open, about 5 minutes.