Clam Gansett Appetizer
Narragansett Beer and clams go together well in this finger food appetizer. After all, we are the official beer of the clam.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
* 1 stick (1/4 pound or 8 Tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
* 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
* 1/4 cup Gansett beer
* 1 small sweet onion, minced
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
* 1 teaspoon basil
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
* 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
* Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
* 4 small (6-1/2 ounces) cans minced clams, drained (juice reserved)
* 36 toasted baguette slices
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with Silpats or lightly grease.
In a large mixing bowl combine butter, bread crumbs, Gansett, sweet onion, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, and rosemary. Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix thoroughly. Stir in clams. Add additional clam juice if mixture appears too dry.
Spread clam mixture on toasted baguette slices. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Increase oven heat to broil. Return clam rounds to oven and broil until golden. Serve hot, but with a cold Gansett.
Yield: 36 appetizers