BBQ Shrimp Tacos
We make a lot of tacos. And why not? Tacos rule! Excellent street or finger foods and not to mention they are great with a cold Gansett. Especially in the Summer time. Oh and the best tacos usually come from some sort of shack. So the other night we combined a few of our favorites to create a masterpiece. Fire up the grill, throw on some fresh local seafood and then slather it with tasty barbecue sauce. Now that’s dinner. Here it is. The recipe for our own barbecue shrimp tacos with our favorite toppings.
* 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
* 3 tablespoons Smoked Chipotle Tabasco sauce
* 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
* 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled
* 4 limes, cut into quarters
* Sea-salt and pepper to taste
* 8 6-inch corn tortillas
* 2 to 3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
* Mango-Pineapple Salsa (Click here for a great salsa recipe)
* Guacamole (Click here for a great guac recipe)
1. Whisk together the ranch dressing and chipotle sauce. Set aside.
2. Skewer the shrimp. (If using wood skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes beforehand.) Season the shrimp with the sea-salt and pepper to taste.
3. Preheat a gas grill to high; adjust to medium after 15 minutes. (If cooking over charcoal, allow the coals to burn until they are covered with gray ash.)
4. Brush the skewered shrimp with the BBQ sauce. In this case we specifically used Dinosaur Roasted Garlic Honey BBQ sauce. Place them on the grill with the limes. Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are opaque and the limes are browned. Remove from grill..
5. Grill the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, then place inside a paper bag to keep warm.
6. To serve, pull the shrimp off the skewers and divide them evenly among the tortillas. Top with the cabbage, Chipotle-ranch sauce, mango salsa, guacamole and a spritz of grilled lime.
7. Rainy-day method: Broil the shrimp and limes about 4 inches from the heat using the Total Times above. Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in a 350° F oven for 15 minutes, or wrap them in a napkin and microwave for 3 minutes